- Wofford is leading The University of Montana 10-6 , with 1:03 left to play in the half. With 24-seconds left to play in the half, Montana makes the score 13-10. At the end of the half, Montana leads by a score of 13-10.
- Fourth quarter, 10:42 to play, Montana is leading by a score of 16-10. Wofford’s now threatening to score, has the ball at Montana’s 6-yard line. Josh Collier throws a pass to Strickland for a Wofford touchdown!! Wofford now leads The University of Montana by a score of 17-16!!
- Montana returns with a quick touchdown, but the two-point conversion failed, , making the score 22-17. Wofford now trails by 5 points.
- 36 seconds to play, Wofford Terriers have a first-down on the Montana 6 yard-line.
- With 32 seconds left, Wofford scores again!! Wofford now leads Montana by a score of 25-22.
- It’s all coming down to a 48-yard Montana field goal kick. Field goal kick is MISSED!!
- Wofford College defeats The University of Montana by a score of 25-22!!
Wofford College, the smallest college in NCAA Division I, is facing The University of Montana on Saturday, November 24 at 2:05 p.m. ET in the first round of the NCAA FCS Playoffs. The game will mark the second time in the past five years that the Wofford Terriers have advanced to the Playoffs. Wofford won the Southern Conference automatic bid to the Playoffs.
“This has been a very blessed season,” said head coach Mike Ayers. “We have a great group of players who fight the fight. I think we have the best coaching staff in America, who are very committed to the program. The Wofford faithful have been behind us all the way this season as well. The week off has given us a chance to get healthy and work on the fundamentals.“
The University of Northern Iowa University (11-0) tops the bracket as the top seed after capturing the automatic qualifying berth from the Gateway Football Conference. Second-seeded McNeese State University (11-0) captured the Southland Conference automatic berth. The University of Montana (11-0), which is making its 18th tournament appearance, is the number-three seed. Rounding out this year’s seeded teams are Southern Illinois University (10-1) with the number- four seed, Appalachian St. (9-2), Delaware (8-3), Massachusetts (9-2) and Richmond (9-2).
Interested readers can learn more about the Wofford Terrier’s football season here.
Technorati: Wofford College, Wofford Terriers, Wofford, Spartanburg, South Carolina, Wofford College football, sports, college sports, football, 2007 NCAA FCS Playoffs, college football, NCAA, The+University+of+Montana